Bacon, Leek and Fennel Stir Fry
- 1 pound chopped bacon
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 2 cups chopped fennel bulb
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until dark brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the next 8 ingredients (leek through salt and pepper). Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir the bacon and lemon juice in with the vegetables and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 563 Calories; 43g Fat (68.1% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1419mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!