- 3/4 cup chopped apple
- 3 tablespoons shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian-style bread crumbs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- Wooden toothpicks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl, combine apple, cheese and bread crumbs; set aside.
- Place chicken breast halves in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pound to 1/4-inch
- thickness (I use my rolling pin for this purpose). Spoon apple mixture evenly on chicken, roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add stuffed
- chicken breast rolls and cook just until browned on the outside (you are not cooking them all
- the way through). Add wine (or juice/vinegar) and 1/3 cup of the water; cover and simmer for
- 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through; transfer to a serving platter.
- Combine remaining water and cornstarch; stir into pan juices until thickened. Pour hot gravy
- over chicken rolls and garnish with chopped parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed red potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Use your favorite soy cheese and use oil instead of butter. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) is gluten-free. Use gluten-free bread crumbs or make your own from gluten free bread. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per serving: 248 Calories; 5g Fat; 40g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 184mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!