All-American Hot Dish
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can corn 8-oz.
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 can tomato sauce 8-oz.
- 4 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef and onion over medium-high
- heat until meat is brown; drain off excess fat.
- Stir in corn along with remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered,
- stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of ground beef. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use your favorite soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives, corn, and tomato sauce are gluten free. Use gluten free noodles. NUTRITION: Per serving: 343 Calories; 5g Fat; 16g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 680mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!