Skillet Pizza Burgers
- 3/4 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- olive oil
- 4 1/2-oz. slices part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, black pepper, Italian seasoning and ketchup; blend well to with your VERY CLEAN hands.
- Divide meat evenly to form 4 patties. Arrange patties in a large skillet lightly coated with a little olive oil over medium-high heat; brown patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Place 1 piece of cheese on each patty and continue to cook for 1 minute or until cheese melts. Place 2 lettuce leaves and a tomato slice on each dinner plate; top with a patty and a slice of tomato. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash and on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve patties, lettuce and tomato on whole wheat burger buns; add burger condiments if desired. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Italian seasoning and ketchup are gluten free. Use gluten free bread crumbs or make your own from gluten free bread. NUTRITION: per serving: 317 Calories; 5g Fat; 14g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 400mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!