Quick Texas Chili
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-oz. can chili beans
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- Cook and stir beef, onion and garlic in a large Dutch oven or saucepan over medium-high heat until beef is browned, crumbling beef well as you go.
- Drain beef, rinse with hot water and return to the skillet. Stir in broth and remaining ingredients then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Top individual bowls of chili with shredded low fat Cheddar cheese and chopped onion. Add a relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes and whole black olives. Serve crusty bread and butter on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles and vegetable broth. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, beans and tomato paste are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 294 Calories; 3g Fat; 15g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 1121mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!