Portabella and Swiss Chard Sauté
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 pound swiss chard trimmed of stems and coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add shallots, garlic and mushrooms; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard; reduce heat, cover and cook for 3 minutes then turn the chard over so that the uncooked leaves are on the bottom and the wilted leaves are on the top. Cover and cook until completely wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange on dinner plates and top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over spaghetti squash “noodles” (halve squash lengthwise and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven till tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Scoop out seeds then, using a fork, scrape squash out of its shell in long, thin (spaghetti-like) strands). Add a salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Instead of spaghetti squash, serve over whole wheat pasta. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 133 Calories; 5g Fat; 8g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 285mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!