- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt 1freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5-oz. can tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients (ground beef through egg); blend thoroughly with your very clean hands then shape mixture into 1- to 2-inch meatballs and place them on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. In a large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients (celery through salt); add cooked meatballs and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado and halved cherry tomatoes, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 482 Calories; 30g Fat; 35g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 142mg Cholesterol; 1517mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!