Mandarin Chicken Salad
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves or use leftover turkey*
- 1/4 cup honey mustard divided
- 1 11-oz. can Mandarin orange sections
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 cups chopped spinach leaves
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Brush chicken* with 2 tablespoons of honey mustard then broil for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving 3 tablespoons of the liquid in a medium bowl; add remaining honey mustard, the oil, vinegar and ginger; whisk mixture until well blended. Arrange spinach on a large platter.
- Cut broiled chicken diagonally into thin slices and arrange over spinach; top with oranges and drizzle with dressing.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: If using leftover turkey, simply toss turkey with the 2 tablespoons of mustard and heat through a skillet (or leave it cold).
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced English cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame bread sticks. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 286 Calories; 9g Fat; 42g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 363mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!