- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut into strips, or use leftover turkey*
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Andouille sausage
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade turkey broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker*, except shrimp. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Fifteen minutes before serving time, add shrimp and remove bay leaf; cook and stir until shrimp are pink and opaque; serve.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: If using leftover turkey, leave it out and add it with the shrimp (it’s already cooked, so you just need to heat it through).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (see Day 5 directions); add braised collard greens on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 782 Calories; 40g Fat; 77g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 307mg Cholesterol; 1979mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 10 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 6 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 20
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!