Curried Macaroni Turkey Salad
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 10 ounces frozen petite green peas
- 2/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups chopped turkey breast meat cooked, or use Thanksgiving leftovers
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 medium stalk celery sliced
- 6 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook turkey if not using Thanksgiving leftovers. Prepare salad 1 hour before serving, if desired.
- Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package; rinse with cold water then drain again. Rinse frozen peas with cold water to separate them; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and curry powder; stir in macaroni, peas and remaining ingredients, except Romaine lettuce.
- If possible, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to blend flavors; serve on shredded lettuce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumber on the side; add some whole grain rolls and butter. VEGETARIAN: Instead of turkey, use a meatless product such as Quorn Naked Cutlets. KOSHER: Skip the cheese. Use a non-dairy mayo. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayo and curry powder are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per serving: 278 Calories; 9g Fat; 27g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 60mg Cholesterol; 288mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!