Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade turkey broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast meat cooked and chopped, or use leftover turkey
- 3 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce your favorite (make sure it’s paleo friendly!)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and chop chicken (if not using leftover turkey).
- Melt the ghee or oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Raise heat to medium-high and add celery, onion and garlic; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining ingredients, except cilantro.
- Bring mixture to a low boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes; serve topped with chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, celery and jicama sticks and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: per serving: 196 Calories; 5g Fat; 29g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 1626mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!