Baked Shrimp with Feta Cheese
- 8 ounces Linguine pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 4 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 3 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add next 5 ingredients (oregano through garlic); sauté for 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish coated with a little olive oil. Add wine (or juice/vinegar) to the skillet; cook over low heat for 3 minutes or until reduced by half; stir in chopped tomato then pour mixture over shrimp in baking dish; sprinkle with Feta cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot pasta and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of shrimp. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp and adjust cooking time as needed. Omit Feta cheese or use your favorite soy cheese instead. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) is gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 361 Calories; 7g Fat; 31g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 185mg Cholesterol; 581mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!