Sweet Kielbasa and Kraut
- 1 pound turkey kielbasa
- Olive oil
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups drained sauerkraut
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut kielbasa into 6 equal pieces; set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add sauerkraut, apple juice, mustard, and brown sugar; blend well.
- Top with kielbasa and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over buttered wide noodles; add steamed green beans on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use a vegetarian kielbasa such as Tofurky. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure kielbasa, sauerkraut, juice, and mustard is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 150 Calories; 4g Fat; 13g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 1237mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!