Sweet and Zesty Steak
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup coco-aminos
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 beef New York strip steaks 7-oz.
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steaks overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except steaks; process until smooth.
- Place steaks in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour marinade on top, seal and turn to coat steaks with marinade. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steaks from marinade (discarding marinade and bag); grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked to the desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture); add steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: per serving: 610 Calories; 42g Fat; 30g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 904mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 16
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!