Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded flat, 6-oz.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 basil leaves
- 7 ounces sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped, divided
- 6 ounces low-fat Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wooden toothpicks optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat one side of each flattened chicken piece with 1 teaspoon of oil then place one basil leaf on top of each piece.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes with the Mozzarella cheese, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper; spoon an equal amount of this mixture on top of each basil leaf then carefully roll each chicken piece around the basil leaf and filling; secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place chicken rolls in a casserole dish, seam side down; drizzle with remaining oil. Bake until golden brown.
- Garnish with remaining chopped sun-dried tomatoes and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Angel Hair pasta tossed with a little butter and grated Parmesan cheese; add a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken. KOSHER: Skip the cheese and use 6 ounces of non-dairy mayo instead. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure sun-dried tomatoes are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 402 Calories; 14g Fat; 52g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 983mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!