Spanish Style Shrimp
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add ground red pepper, garlic and bay leaf; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Raise skillet heat to medium-high and add shrimp; sauté until opaque (about 4 minutes); remove from heat and sprinkle with salt. Discard bay leaf.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of baby spinach, sliced red onion, mushrooms and crumbled turkey bacon. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole-wheat couscous. KOSHER: Instead of shrimp, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 153 Calories; 5g Fat; 24g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 288mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!