Snappy Chicken and Lime Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies 14.5-oz.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Place all ingredients, except cilantro, in a large slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Garnish each serving with chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette and a bowl of raw baby carrots. NUTRITION: per serving: 284 Calories; 3g Fat; 52g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 1128mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!