Slow Cooker Chow Mein Turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast meat trimmed and cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup snow peas
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add turkey and cook for 5 minutes or until brown, turning once. Place carrots, celery, onion and garlic in a slow cooker then place turkey on top.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce and gingerroot; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water and stir into turkey mixture. Stir in mushrooms and snow peas.
- Raise heat setting to HIGH; cover and cook for 15 minutes. Serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve hot turkey mixture over Cauli-Rice (see Day 4 directions). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and soy sauce are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 290 Calories; 5g Fat; 47g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 553mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!