- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped okra
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces clam juice
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium then add remaining ingredients (okra through black pepper).
- Bring mixture to a slight boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: 334 Calories; 9g Fat; 36g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 190mg Cholesterol; 1549mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!