- Olive oil
- 2 small eggplants
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; lightly coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with a little olive oil. Cut each eggplant into 6 slices crosswise and blot with paper towels.
- In one pie plate, place flour. In a second pie plate, combine eggs, milk and cornmeal. Dip each eggplant slice first into the flour, then into the egg mixture; place on prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven; spoon tomato sauce over eggplant and sprinkle with cheese; bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad and some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce is gluten free. Use gluten free cornmeal and flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 212 Calories; 7g Fat; 14g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 86mg Cholesterol; 369mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!