Hot Melt Garlic Lime Salmon Power Bowl
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons ghee divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons salsa your choice
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro chopped coarsely (use the stems, too!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, toss together chili powder through sea salt. Rub half the melted ghee onto the salmon fillets, then follow up with the spices and sprinkle on the filet.
- In a skillet over a medium high heat, melt remaining ghee and let the pan get hot. Now add the salmon, skin side down, and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filet.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the Avocado Salsa.
- In a medium bowl, toss all remaining ingredients (avocado through salt and pepper) together. Refrigerate if not using right away.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!