hot melt breakfast cookies
- 4 strips thick sliced bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 big handfuls fresh baby spinach chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs beaten and in a bowl
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper–trust me, you WANT the parchment!
- In a large skillet, saute the bacon and onion together till onion is nicely browned and the bacon is cooked. Add the spinach and cook another minute longer, until the spinach is wilted and bright green and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour and baking powder. Mix with a fork to blend. Make a well out of the dry ingredients, add the eggs and half the cheese, mixing well. Now add the bacon mixture, mixing well.
- Using a soup spoon, place a big spoonful on the parchment. Press down slightly to even it out, not completely flatten. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and press down again to hold the cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until nicely browned. Store in the fridge or freezer–best heated up in the toaster oven, not the microwave so it doesn’t come out rubbery.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!