Creamy Paleo Hot Melt Avocado Shiver Me Timbers Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves trimmed of stems and flower buds
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- full fat canned coconut milk optional
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for pesto! Basil through salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and transfer to a sauce pan. If pesto is too thick, feel free to add some coconut milk to dilute it a little bit!
- Heat until heated through – serve with grilled chicken over zoodles! Add a sprinkle of more nutritional yeast if you want!
Have on hand already prepared: grilled chicken (sliced) and zoodles Ingredients
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!