Turkey Pepper Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 turkey breast cutlets cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and thinly sliced
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine soy sauce, ketchup, ginger and garlic; add turkey strips, seal bag and turn several times to coat; marinate for about 15 minutes (prep the veggies in the meantime).
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat; add green onions and bell peppers and stir-fry until tender-crisp; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet or wok; add turkey strips and marinade; stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- Return green onion/bell pepper mixture to the skillet or wok; toss and heat through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor till it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork); add steamed broccoli spears on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce and ketchup are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 204 Calories; 7g Fat; 27g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 634mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!