- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin divided
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies 14.5-oz.
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with a little olive oil.
- Arrange tilapia in a single layer on a baking sheet; season with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, cilantro, oil and remaining cumin; spoon mixture over the tilapia and bake until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (12 to 15 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice topped with a dollop of low-fat sour cream and chopped green onion; add steamed asparagus on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of tilapia, use tempeh. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and green olives are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 137 Calories; 4g Fat; 21g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 212mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!