Teriyaki Pork Kabobs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can low sodium beef broth 14.5-oz.
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless pork loin cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 medium mushrooms
- 1 in large red onion cuthalf crosswise then into 12 wedges
- Metal OR bamboo skewers
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before use, to prevent burning.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients (cornstarch through ginger); cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens; remove from heat and set aside.
- Alternately thread pork cubes, mushrooms and onion wedges onto skewers. Broil kabobs for 20 minutes or until done, turning and brushing often with broth mixture.
- Bring the remaining broth mixture to a boil and serve with kabobs.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole-wheat couscous. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork and use chicken broth. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure broth and soy sauce are gluten-free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 218 Calories; 5g Fat; 27g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 364mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!