- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 beef rib eye steaks 6-oz.
- Olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped white mushroom caps
- 8 vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Rub salt and pepper on both sides of steaks.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat; add steaks and sear for 4 minutes per side or until desired level of doneness is achieved; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Coat the skillet with a little more olive oil then reduce heat to medium. Add red and yellow bell peppers, garlic, onion and mushrooms; sauté for 2 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano. Reduce skillet heat to low and allow mixture to simmer until tomatoes have reduced to a nice sauce.
- Serve sauce over steaks.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, halved cherry tomatoes and diced avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 537 Calories; 37g Fat; 32g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 631mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!