Slow Cooker Lemon Turkey
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast 2-lb.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Place turkey breast in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; blend well then pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Rutabaga Fries (peel rutabaga and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper; bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes; turn and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until tender). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Russet Fries instead (same directions, but don’t peel the potatoes). KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 274 Calories; 2g Fat; 57g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 295mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!