Rosemary Beef Medallions
- 6 lean beef tenderloin steaks 3-oz.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 dash olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup brandy or use apple juice
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly dredge beef in flour, shaking off excess. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add beef and brown for about 2 minutes per side; place in a baking pan or dish.
- Season with salt and pepper then press rosemary into both sides of each steak. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour fat from skillet and deglaze the pan with broth and brandy (or juice) over medium heat, whisking up all of the browned bits from the bottom. Continue to cook until liquid is reduced.
- Pour sauce over the beef, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlic-mashed russet potatoes and a steamed medley of baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. VEGETARIAN: Make twice-stuffed baked potatoes instead: Simply bake russet potatoes till cooked; cool slightly then cut them across the top lengthwise and scoop the “innards” into a bowl. Add a little butter, cheese of your choice and some leftover chopped cooked veggies from your crisper OR purchase some frozen mixed veggies; bake in a 400-degree oven till hot. Serve with the same veggies as suggested above (except the potatoes, of course!). KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure broth and brandy (or juice) are gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour. NUTRITION: Per serving: 224 Calories; 6g Fat; 23g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 81mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!