Jammy Slow Cooked Pork
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork tenderloin
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 apricots pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place tenderloin in a large slow cooker; add remaining ingredients and give mixture a good stir.
- Cover cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Transfer tenderloin from slow cooker to a cutting board.
- Pour slow cooker contents into a large skillet; cook over medium heat, smashing the apricots, until mixture thickens to a nice sauce; serve over sliced pork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: 361 Calories; 13g Fat; 37g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 561mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!