Fall Leaves Seafood Chowder
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound large shrimp cooked and deveined
- 2 halibut fillets cooked, 6-oz.
- 1 link kielbasa sausage chopped
- 4 slices center-cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook meats (see recipe).
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients; give the mixture a good stir to combine well.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until shrimp and halibut are cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 730 Calories; 52g Fat; 54g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 209mg Cholesterol; 1160mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 9 1/2 Fat. Points: 20
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!