Cranberry Kiwi Flank Steak
- 2 kiwis peeled
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 pound beef flank steak trimmed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups chopped spinach
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak for about 30 minutes (see recipe).
- Place peeled kiwis in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; seal bag and mash kiwis to a pulp; add cranberry juice and blend well.
- Pierce steak with a fork numerous times and place in the bag along with lemon juice and salt and pepper; seal bag and turn to coat; marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes (no longer, or meat may turn mushy!).
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler. Grill/broil steak to desired level of doneness.
- Serve steaks on a bed of chopped spinach.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed asparagus. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure cranberry juice is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 204 Calories; 7g Fat; 19g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!