Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup butternut squash cut into 1-inch cubes and softened in the oven or microwave
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add cornstarch and blend until smooth.
- Stir in chopped onion, cooked squash, milk and water. Bring to a slow boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some crusty bread and butter. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 105 Calories; 3g Fat; 5g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 113mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!