Very Garlicky Chicken and Veggies
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 2 cups chopped broccoli rabe
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. To the oil, add the garlic and green onion and stir. Cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken. Cook for 15 minutes, until chicken starts to brown. Set aside half the chicken for lunch the next day (Garlicky Chicken and Greens). To the skillet, add the broccoli and pepper to the remaining chicken and stir.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the next 5 ingredients (salt and pepper through garlic powder). Pour the mixture over the vegetables and stir. Cook for 5 minutes, until bubbling and add the spinach. Stir and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender crisp. Serve warm.
Related Recipe: Garlicky Chicken and Greens
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!