Slow Cooked Meatloaf over Asparagus Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 4 cups shredded asparagus peeled with a vegetable peeler
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 large red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- In a large bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients (beef through coconut flour). Form meat mixture into a loaf shape.
- Oil a large crock cooker with ghee and place the meatloaf into the crock cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, until the center on the meatloaf is no longer pink. Remove half the meatloaf and set aside for lunch the next day (Meatloaf and Zucchini Skillet).
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining ingredients and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mix well and serve with the meatloaf.
Related Recipe: Meatloaf and Zucchini Skillet
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!