Rosemary Butter Chicken
- 4 tablespoons room temperature grass fed butter
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 to 4 pound whole chicken gizzards and neck removed
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- In a food processor combine first 4 ingredients (butter through rosemary). Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in Instant Pot over “browning” setting. Brown chicken starting breast side down. Rotate till all sides are lightly browned.
- Rub butter mixture all over chicken and place back in Instant Pot. Lock the lid on top and set valve to “sealing”. Select “poultry” set at high pressure. Cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, allow valve to vent, then remove lid and turn chicken over. Secure lid once more and cook for another 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Remove from Instant Pot, set aside and keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a sauce pan over medium high heat. Add in broth, salt and pepper to taste, and whisk in arrowroot powder. Keep whisking until it thickens into a nice gravy and serve over chicken.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!