Roasted Herb and Lemon Pork
- 1 large onion sliced
- 6 cups trimmed collard greens or use kale
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 cup ghee
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 pounds pork shoulder
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- In a large slow cooker, add the onions, collards and celery.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, except the broth, and rub evenly all over the pork.
- Place the pork over the vegetables, pour in the broth and cover slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until the pork is falling apart and tender. Remove half the pork and set aside for lunch the next day (Pork and Fennel Salad Bowl). Serve the remaining pork with vegetables.
Related Recipe: Pork and Fennel Salad Bowl
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!