Rhubarb and Red Onion Pork
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2.5 pounds boneless pork shoulder cut into 1.5 inch thick slices
- 1 red onion diced medium
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, vinegar, ginger, salt and pepper. Whisk well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Place pork slices in a separate bowl. Pour the liquid over the pork and toss pork well to coat it in the liquid. Place the onion in the slow cooker. Then place the pork slices on top of the onion.
- Next, add the rhubarb and then the bone broth and orange juice. Set the slow cooker to LOW and allow to cook for 6 hours until the pork is fork tender.
- The rhubarb will stew down a bit during cooking making a lovely sauce that coats the pork deliciously. Before serving, fold in the fresh chopped cilantro and set aside half of the pork for lunch the next day.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!