- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds pork sausage casings removed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium red onion medium diced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, and cubed
- Combine the ground beef and the sausage meat in a mixing bowl. Add the salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cumin. Add the minced garlic. Mix the spices and garlic into the meat mixture with a spatula to incorporate the seasonings well.
- Place the meat and onions in the slow cooker and then add the apple cider vinegar, bay leaf and bone broth. Set the slow cooker to LOW and cook for 4 to 5 hours until the meat is fully cooked, or no longer pink. Remove half of the meat and set aside for lunch the next day.
- Before serving remove the bay leaf and top with avocado.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!