Creamy Mushroom and Beef Stew
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 large shallot diced
- 3 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 large zucchini chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 14 ounce can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the ghee. To the ghee, add the next 4 ingredients (garlic through beef). Cook for 5 minutes, until beef is brown and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove half of the beef and set aside for lunch the next day (Zucchini Ribbon Salad).
- To the pot, add the celery, zucchini and mushrooms and stir. Cook for 5 minutes then add the remaining ingredients (coconut milk through rosemary). Stir and reduce heat to low. Cover pot and simmer for 25 minutes, until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
Related Recipe: Zucchini Ribbon Salad
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!