Creamy Basil Shrimp
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 medium zucchini cubed
- 1 medium yellow squash cubed
- 2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- To a large crock cooker add all the ingredients EXCEPT the coconut milk and basil. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until the shrimp are fully cooked through or pink and opaque, the vegetables are tender, and the sauce is slightly thick.
- Stir in the coconut milk and chopped basil and continue to cook for 20 more minutes. Remove half the shrimp and set aside for lunch the next day. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!