Coconut Chicken Fingers with Kale Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or use soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub the chicken with the oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the next 4 ingredients (coconut flour through garlic powder). Coat chicken strips with coconut flour mixture and place on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes on each side, until golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, mix the kale, onion and cucumber.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and pour over the salad. Toss salad and serve with chicken fingers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!