- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 small eggplant peeled and diced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 plum tomatoes cored and diced, Roma
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place the diced onions, red pepper, zucchini, and eggplant in the slow cooker.
- Next place the chicken.
- Then add the thyme, bay leaves, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Then add the diced tomatoes and the bone broth. Set the temperature of the slow cooker to LOW and allow to cook for 5 to 6 hours, until the chicken is fork tender and cooked through, and the vegetables are done. Before serving, remove the bay leaves and thyme sprigs, and set aside half of the chicken for lunch the following day.
- Fold in the fresh chopped parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!