Caramelized Onion Burgers
- 3 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 large lime juiced
- 2 teaspoons minced oregano
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, garlic, onion powder and salt and pepper. Form chicken mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the burgers and cook for 4 minutes on each side, until burgers are cooked through. Remove burgers from skillet and set aside half for lunch the next day (Burgers with Citrus Veggie Stir Fry).
- In the same skillet, heat the ghee over medium heat. To the ghee, add the onion, lime juice, oregano and salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, until onions are caramelized.
- In the lettuce leaves, layer the burger, onion, tomatoes, avocado and serve.
Related Recipe: Burgers with Citrus Veggie Stir Fry
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!