Better Than Take Out Mongolian Beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak cut into strips
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3/4 cup bone broth
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- Place oil in cooking pot and press “browning”. Season steak with salt and pepper and add to pot. Brown meat in batches and remove from pot and set aside. Then add garlic and ginger, sauté for a minute. Then add in coconut aminos, broth, and vinegar. Whisk together and add beef back to pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Then turn off pressure cooker and use a quick pressure release. Carefully remove lid.
- In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot powder and water. Whisk into the sauce, and stir for 1 to 3 minutes or until it thickens. Serve with scallions over the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!