Vanilla Infused Salmon
- 2 tablespoons ghee divided, or use olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets 6-oz.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon fillets and lightly season with salt and pepper; sear for 3 to 4 minutes per side then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining ghee to the skillet along with remaining ingredients (lime juice through ginger); reduce heat to medium.
- Whisk for 1 minute then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve sauce over salmon.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 263 Calories; 13g Fat; 34g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 161mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!