Speedy Skillet Stroganoff
- 1 pound beef flank steak trimmed and cut across the grain (diagonally) into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced onion
- 16 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Paprika to taste
- 10 cups chopped spinach
- In a large bowl, combine beef strips and cornstarch; toss well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; add steak strips and sauté for 5 minutes; add onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add mushrooms.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes then add broth, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream* and chopped parsley.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top; serve over chopped spinach.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: Re-heating at a high heat will cause the sauce to break, because of the sour cream.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked butternut squash on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use extra mushrooms OR a beef alternative such as Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Veggie Beef Strips. Use vegetable broth instead of beef broth. KOSHER: Use a kosher cut of beef. Skip the sour cream OR use cultured soy. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per serving: 198 Calories; 7g Fat; 21g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 39mg Cholesterol; 146mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!