Sesame Beef Steaks
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 green onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 pound beef flank steak trimmed and cut into four equal pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups chopped spinach
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients (soy sauce through black pepper); Place steak pieces in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add marinade, seal bag and turn several times to coat steak with marinade. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add marinated beef (discarding marinade and bag) and cook until it reaches the desired level of doneness.
- Serve over chopped spinach
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice”; drain; salt and pepper to taste and toss with a fork. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some sesame bread sticks. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 208 Calories; 7g Fat; 20g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 901mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!