Red Wine and Shallot Pork
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork tenderloin
- 1 cup red wine
- 5 medium shallots halved
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Place tenderloin in a large slow cooker; add remaining ingredients; give it a good stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: per serving: 341 Calories; 13g Fat; 38g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 663mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!