Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon molasses
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds optional
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork for 4 to 6 hours (see recipe).
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, oil, vinegar, salt and turmeric; gradually stir in milk until smooth; cover and refrigerate.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, molasses and garlic; add pork, seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pork in a shallow roasting pan (discarding marinade and bag) and bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 160-170 degrees. Let pork stand for 5 minutes then thinly slice.
- Sprinkle sliced pork with sesame seeds, if desired, and serve with the mustard sauce.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. Use low sodium chicken broth instead of milk. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure vinegar, soy sauce and ketchup are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 193 Calories; 6g Fat; 26g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 812mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!